Business Licenses & Fees
Before You Start
Prior to seeking permits and licensing in the Town of Fountain Hills, you will likely have done the following:
- Determined there is a market for your business
- Registered the business name
- Obtain a Transaction Privilege Tax (TPT) License from the Arizona Department of Revenue
- Established financing
- Defined or completed a legal structure for the business
- Searched for an appropriate business location
Steps Before Opening
Before putting the “Open for Business” sign up, there are important local regulatory issues that require attention. While the needs and circumstances of each business are different, there are key issues that affect most small businesses. Make sure these things are taken care of before proceeding:
- Verify that the zoning of your proposed business location allows your business
- Obtain your business license(s)
- Apply for required permits and/or licenses
- Verify required parking requirements
- Place signage at your business location
- Understand the process to expand a business or change your business use
Application for Business Licenses
All businesses located in the Town of Fountain Hills, or doing business within the town, must be licensed before beginning operation. If a business has more than one location in town, each location must have a separate business license.
Businesses that are required to remit transaction privilege tax (most often called sales tax) must obtain a Transaction Privilege Tax License. A separate transaction privilege license is required from the State of Arizona. For more information about taxes, visit Finance and Licensing.
- To apply for a license, either complete the online application, or download and fill out the PDF form and mail it with a check for $50, made out to the Town of Fountain Hills.
- Once approval is received from Planning and Zoning and all other appropriate departments, and all fees have been paid, a license will be mailed to the applicant’s mailing address provided within 7 to 10 business days.
Note: You can also email an application to email@example.com (It should be clearly readable and downloadable as an attachment); or fax it to 480-837-3145. Begin the application process at least 35 days prior to allow time for internal processing. Otherwise, there will not be enough time for license approval prior to the business start date.”
Each business is required to have a separate license for each location or entity located in the Town of Fountain Hills.
Annual License Renewal Fees
|Location|| License Fee|| Delinquent License Fee|
Please take the time to view the Town Code: Chapter 8 - Business Regulations.