After more than 20-years of active use by town residents, the Community Center is getting a well-deserved facelift. Starting July 1, 2021, through September 7, 2021, the Community Center will be closed to all guests for remodeling.
The remodel includes:
- Painting the complete interior.
- Remodeling the restrooms.
- Installing new flooring throughout the building.
- Replacing and upgrading audio-visual equipment.
- New furnishings.
- A new front desk.
- Countertops in classrooms.
- Improvements to the storm water drainage system at the front entrance.
A special viewing of the colors and flooring samples will be on display Tuesday, May 11, from 9 to 11 a.m. in the main lobby. Community Center staff are available to answer questions.
The Community Center remodeling will cost approximately $1,035,000 in total. Funding for this project comes from the Capital Improvement Program (CIP), and the Facilities Reserve Fund.