FOUNTAIN HILLS, ARIZONA (April 13, 2021) – Long and short term drought, dry vegetation, and unpredictable fire behavior, along with increased human activity, combine for a potentially active fire year. Stay informed on current and predicted conditions in your community, and when you are enjoying the outdoors. During any incident that may require you to evacuate, we want you to remember three things:
READY: Long before an emergency starts, you want to be prepared. Being READY means that you have an emergency plan created and a Go Bag packed.
SET: When the emergency starts, know there is significant danger in your area. You need to be prepared to evacuate the area. Being SET mean that you put your go bag by the door, you gather your family and pets, including livestock, and be poised to leave as soon as possible. Stay aware of the latest news and information from public safety and public health officials.
GO: Once you receive a notification to evacuate, GO as soon as possible. Take your pets and livestock with you. Follow instructions from emergency personnel, stay on designated evacuation routes and avoid closed areas. Remember the 5 P’s of evacuations:
- People/Pets including livestock and supplies
- Prescriptions including medications, medical equipment, power cords and batteries
- Papers including important documents and contact information written down
- Personal needs including food, water, toiletries, cash, first aid kit, and supplies for children and those with access and functional needs.
- Priceless items including photos and irreplaceable items.
REPORT ALL WILDFIRES TO 911.
For more information visit: ready.maricopa.gov/wildfires