The Town of Fountain Hills and Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office (MCSO) compiled the attached Fact Sheet to answer questions raised about law enforcement services provided by MCSO.
While the following summarizes the key information contained in the MCSO Fact Sheet, residents are encouraged to click on the link below to obtain additional information.
• Incorporated cities and towns are required to provide public safety.
• Maricopa County provides law enforcement to unincorporated areas.
• Fountain Hills does not pay for services to unincorporated areas or other municipalities, whether for personnel or mileage.
• Other cities and towns are not receiving special services from Maricopa County that Fountain Hills is getting charged for.
• All Maricopa County property owners pay taxes for a variety of services, including those who live in cities with their own police departments or who contract for law enforcement.
• Fountain Hills has received services at times that were above and beyond the contract yet were not charged for them.
Please click the "Read on..." button to view the fact sheet.