Who We Are
- Provide recreation that inspires personal growth, healthy lifestyles, and a sense of community
- Expand and strengthen outdoor experiences and opportunities to contribute to the region’s attractiveness as a place to live, work, and play
- Optimize safe utilization of facilities, amenities, and open space
- Actively seek progressive, future-oriented options for funding, operations, and programs
- Embrace a collaborative spirit and support teamwork within the department and the community
Community Services Master Plan
The Community Services Parks, Trails, and Recreation Master Plan is the first master plan undertaken by the department and is built upon the 2020-2023 Strategic Plan and the Town’s recently adopted Comprehensive Plan. Together, these documents will act as a road map for the future and guide the department over the next 10 years and beyond.
Community Services Strategic Plan
The Town of Fountain Hills Community Services Department underwent extensive leadership and staff structure changes in 2018. The new leadership team quickly identified the need for a departmental Strategic Plan to help chart a course for the next chapter of the agency. Developing the plan internally allowed the newly formed team to cultivate a unified vision and value system that was reflective of the new department culture and outlook. This meticulous process resulted in a three-year plan that identified purpose, goals, tasks, and critical contributions needed from each division. As part of this effort, the team also solicited and integrated input from all staff within the Community Services Department, Community Services Advisory Commission, and the McDowell Mountain Preservation Commission. Each of these stakeholders reviewed the final plan and unanimously recommended Council adoption. Our Town Council officially endorsed the plan in January 2020, and implementation began immediately.
Community Services Annual Report
Learn more about the department accomplishments for our fiscal year 2019/2020 and all that we are planning in 2021/2022.