McDowell Mountain Preservation Commission
ATTENTION: MEETING CHANGE NOTICE - Due to a scheduling conflict, MMPC’s Meeting for tonight March 28th at 5:00 pm had to be rescheduled to Monday, April 3rd at 4:00 pm.
TIME: 5:00 P.M. – REGULAR MEETING (CHANGE)
WHEN: TUESDAY, MARCH 28, 2023, AMENDED DATE: THURSDAY, APRIL 3, 2023
WHERE: FOUNTAIN HILLS COUNCIL CHAMBERS
16705 E. AVENUE OF THE FOUNTAINS, FOUNTAIN HILLS, AZ
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
|Name||Role||Term Started||Term Ends|
|Steven Nurney||Vice Chairman||05/04/2021||10/31/2025|
If you would like to be considered for the commission, please fill out an application (PDF).
The Fountain Hills McDowell Mountain Preserve, also known as the Preserve, encompasses a scenic area of mountainous, pristine land that will be preserved in its natural state for the benefit of this and future generations.
In order for the Town of Fountain Hills to provide trails, trail head locations and safeguard the Preserve, a thorough set of regulations is needed. These regulations are specifically intended to accomplish the following:
- Maintain the existing, undisturbed desert landscape
- Provide regulations that will protect wildlife habitats and limit human encroachment to specific areas within the Preserve
- Provide use regulations for the Adero Canyon Trailhead that grants public access into the Preserve
- Provide use regulations for the Golden Eagle Trailhead, including access control into the Preserve through McDowell Mountain Park
- Provide for the development of a trail system within the Preserve and connectivity to abutting trail systems in the City of Scottsdale and within McDowell Mountain Park